Capalbo: “We combine sport, tourism and wellness in international-level events”
NAPLES (NA) – Many were the emotions experienced last December and February through the competitions organized by Napoli Running, so much so that we are already working non-stop for the Sorrento-Positano Ultramarathon 54km and ‘Panoramica’ 27km, which will take place on December 2, as well as for the Napoli City Half Marathon which now has the new date, slightly postponed when compared to the past, of February 24, 2019.
The impressions left at a local level in the editions that we lived a few months ago are certainly positive and, confirming this, is Carlo Capalbo, President of Napoli Running: “We have lived incredible days both with the Sorrento Ultramarathon and the Napoli City Half Marathon. In a few months we have achieved an incredible result and the numbers confirm this” – says Capalbo – “But this is for me and for my work team, which is proving really capable, just a starting point. We have reached our goals and now we dream even bigger, and we aim to achieve our dreams. We are full of energy and fully aware that we can do even more and even better. With the Napoli Running project we combine sport, tourism and wellness in international-level events but at the same time accessible to all. Adults, families, children, agonists, great athletes”.
THE PROJECT – Centralized management and development of events amongst the most characteristic in Italy and representing a destination of strong appeal for the international race scene, the project focuses on offering world-class quality services to certified athletes from national and international organizations and institutions. A city festival for the whole community of runners, with a rich program of accompaniment for families, active young people and companies, which will continue throughout the year.
A summary of the 2018 numbers:
- 6,516 runners participated in the Napoli City Half Marathon 2018
- 53 Foreign countries were represented in Napoli Running events
- The foreign runners were more than 500
- 301,162 total visits at Napolirunning.com
- Napoli City Half Marathon was broadcast live on TV in over 55 countries
- 15,000 visitors came to the Expo of the Half Marathon located at the Mostra d’Oltremare
- 640 volunteers contributed to the event
- Active certifications: IAAF, AIMS, FIDAL, IAU, IUTA
- Tracks of: 2, 5, 21, 27, and 54km
- The most represented age group at the Half Marathon was between 36-45 years: 36% of the total participants. Those between 46 and 55 years represented 34%
- 53% of the participants were from Campania: Real love for a race in their own region
- 21% of the participants were female; one out of five.
- Over 1 million spectators on Fox Sports. Pre-race interviews on Sky Sport
- 17,300 views on the Youtube channel of Napoli Running
- International press office: sending of news to the media around the world in English
- Presence in 26 Expo of international running events throughout the year
- International promotion of the IAAF Gold Label races in the Czech Republic via our partner, RunCzech
THE FUTURE – The February edition of the Napoli City Half Marathon counted 6,200 registered athletes, but the goal is to increase the number to 8,000 in 2019 and 10,000 in 2020. For next December’s Sorrento-Positano Ultramarathon we expect to have 2,200 runners, from all around the world, who will come to run either the 54 or 27km through breathtaking scenarios.
By 2020, Napoli Running wants to obtain the IAAF Labels of quality certification, which provide great international recognition, and furthermore we hope to have everybody run, adults and youngsters, increasing mass participation in the fun runs involving thousands of families and young people.
The dream is that of reaching a total of 30,000 registered participants in all the races and ‘fun runs’, involving other thousands in daily training programs, public relations projects and similar initiatives organizing a series of solid and complete events.
INFORMATION – www.napolirunning.com
CONTACTS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cesare Monetti – Press Office
email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Gianluca Agata – Press Office Campania Area